*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2022 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
Hey Bethrags do you have blackout curtains? I’m more likely to get hypo on these sunny days but I realize for some it’s the opposite. Aside from med changes can you do some other techniques?

First do you have a self care box? So for me when I’m up and buying everything I put a portion of the new fun things into a box to save for when I’m down. When I am down I open the box and force myself to play with whatever is inside….it could be a nice scented soap, bath salts, a book, in my case it’s a dinosaur art book, a permission slip to buy ten new songs…whatever. If you don’t have a self care box make one next time you’re up.

The other technique is called pick three. Instead of one thing you find fun you need to pick three and do them all at once. It’s probably hard to think of something fun right now so you need to think back to things you used to find fun. For me it might be photography, music and a trip to a zoo or garden.

Finally try sunglasses at night. 4-6 hours before bed put on a pair of sunglasses so you get normal light for a while….make sure they block blue light.

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Sp. I truly appreciate it.

I do have black-out curtains. Do you mean closing them during the long afternoon? That's actually a smart idea. The only problem with it is that the cats love to look out the windows during daylight.

Your self-care box sounds wonderful

The pick 3 idea is also a good one. I need to get used to (post-covid restrictions) being able to go places again. I do make myself listen to music every day. Tomorrow I'm going to make a door hanging for my front door. I'm looking forward to that.

The sunglasses idea is excellent! I wear regular glasses & don't own any sunglasses, but I think I can get "shades" that clip onto my glasses. The sunglasses seem like a solid "trick" to fool my brain.

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, Sometimes psychotic