View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2022 at 05:56 PM

Yesterday went well but I got some pretty bad post op procedure depression right after. It went away as soon as I woke up, but I was tired and dizzy all day today like I was told I would be. Donating blood because you want to is one thing. Donating blood because its medically necessary is completely diffrent. I got there on time and I got taken back and the set up was as I expected. A row of recliners lined up with curtains seperating them with a nurses station in the middle. Most of the people were in their 70's-90's on IVs and using walkers. The youngest people looked to be in their early 60s. A lot were there for chemo treatments I assume. I looked way out of place. The nurse put me in a corner recliner which I was glad. She had a lot of trouble getting a vein and finally a second nurse had to take over. She found a vein but on an odd angle. Which meant she had to stay with me the whole time to hold the tube so the blood would flow properly. The bag of blood was behind me so I couldn't see it. We made small talk. Mostly about our cats. She asked why I was there. I expained the high blood level but didn't go into detail. I didn't tell her I was trans. I had my Adidas pride hat on I try to wear to my medical appointments. I have no idea if she knew or not but its not something I share with anyone in real life. My vein went dry but they got enough blood. Almost instantly after, I got nauseated. After 15 minutes the first nurse checked my vitals again. I asked her if nausea was normal. She said not really and asked if I wanted to stay longer. I told her I really wanted to go home. She asked if I drove myself. I said my mom was in the waiting room. She said oh good. Then walked me out. I collected my mom and ignored the lady who was giving us a sympathetic look and I went home and got into bed for the rest of the day. It was just a physically and emotionally draining ordeal. Plus being around all those cancer patients was sad too. A very old lady on an IV 2 recliners away from me dropped her styfroam cup and I so badly wanted to go pick it up for her but I was already reclined and I didn't want to get into trouble. Luckily she was able to reach it herself. I really hope my level is normal when I get it tested next week so I don't have to repeat this again. Today I just watched TV. Our new furnace was in which took all day to set up.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, bizi, Marilyn2016, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
bizi, Marilyn2016