View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2022 at 06:46 AM

So almost 2 years after I started working from home, Monday we return to work. The good news is, they have pressed some people into service so that we can do some telework.

The bad news is there is substantial factors against us.

1. One of my co workers has streight out told me he doesn't want to telework and, he resents that I get to. Now he alleges that his boss doesn't want him to telework, but I suspect that if he wanted to he would simply ask her for the ability. He hasn't.

2. Another of my co workers wants to work from home but refuses to ask his boss.

Both of these people not asking their boss for a little telework time means that the future of this program is in doubt for me.

3. At this point I am very confused about what we are doing and how, exactly things need to be done. Since management seems to be as well, I fear things will go badly and people will complain and it will be laid at the feet of telework.

This hybrid schedule is causing a lot of confusion and it necessarily causing problems. For instance some people cannot remember to ask if the meeting will be in person or telework... when we have an inperson meeting -- some people are requesting not to be in person, doubling the work for me. Because now I have to set up a zoom and get it to them (typically at the last moment).

I will send something out that says the meeting is "in person" and I will get a hundred questions.. "is this in person?" "Do we all have to be in person" - from all of them.

I am also unsure that this will last at all. One of the bosses got covid... and it set his schedule back weeks. We got a email the other day telling us not to come to work if we are sick. But honestly, I wake up just about every morning with a sore throat... am I to constantly call out? As if that is an honest reality anyway. There isn't anyone to cover for me. I feel like when covid numbers start up again in the summer -- as they will - we will be back to at home. One reason I have taken most of my vacation before July.

Anyway.. we will see how it goes.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen