Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 27, 2022 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
@AzulOscuro - Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with requiring masks on public transit or other enclosed spaces where people are close together. However, I think that we must be the only or one of the only countries that requires masks anywhere outside. When I go for walks in my neighborhood, there is usually no one around. When I come across people, we keep a decent distance. It's silly. The transmission risks in a situation like that must be tiny. I have severe respiratory allergies that don't respond well to treatment, so wearing a mask is pretty uncomfortable for me.

I think most countries have also gotten rid of vaccine passports, but not here.
Of course, I agree with you. Outside the masks shouldn’t be an obligation at this point in time, as long as you keep distance with other people.
I can understand how bad you may feel with the mask on, especially having those problems to breath due to allergies. It must be horrible.

I only was stressing on the contradictory thing in my country. On one hand you have to wear a mask any place indoors. It’s not that for me it’s a problem at all, but on the other side they let people who are positive with low symptoms to expose to people. No quarantine. I simply don’t understand it.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)

Thanks for this!
rechu