LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Mar 28, 2022 at 10:24 PM

Today was hell.

My first customer was very demanding and snapping, and no matter what I said or did, and believe me, I did nothing wrong, she'd throw up her hands and roll her eyes and say, "this is why I don't come here".

1. She asked if I had Tube Cut cigarette tubes. She wanted one no three no five no one no whatever the hell I had. Fine, whatever, she'll take them all.

2. YES SHE WANTED A BAG. JESUS, THIS IS WHY SHE DOESN'T COME HERE.

3. Oh jeez it's how much, yes, whatever, god why do I even come here.

4. GOOD GOD WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT OUT OF THE WRAPPING!?

Me: Because that's how it has to scan?

See, this is why I don't come here.

*me with my heart pounding out of my chest trying to quickly bag her items*

5. You can do it, that's right.

6. Me: Have a KIND day.
*big smiles!* Well, you too, thanks!

2nd customer:

DO YOU HAVE FISH!? WHERE'S THE FISH!?

Me: Right behind you, but we only sell--

*runs off*

THAT FISH IS DEAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!

It's not dead, it's just lying on its side.

And WHY is it's on it's side?

Because it's been overfed.

*scoffs* Well I'll just HAVE to report THAT.

All day long, it's been like this. No matter how friendly I'd try to be, I'd get knocked down. If I try to have light conversation, it's just snap snap snap give me my ****.

And all day long, I've been fuming because I left the job I loved, one where I saved people's lives, helped people die with dignity, bathe people, feed people, and was APPRECIATED, and now here I am treated like dirt and filth and garbage and everyone assumes I'm an idiot because "I'm JUST a cashier".

How am I supposed to be confident about my job when everyone just assumes I'm dumb and stupid and won't move on to anything better? How am I supposed to be confident about a job when people don't even acknowledge me as a human being...How am I supposed to be confident about my job when I CAN'T talk back to the customer?

I hate working at a job where I am not making a difference and where I'm not appreciated, but I checked indeed and there's nothing there for me. I'm frustrated because I have too big of a heart for retail, and ringing up a customer just isn't rewarding to me. But I'm stuck and I'm mad.

HELP!
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis, mote.of.soul, unaluna, WastingAsparagus, WovenGalaxy, zapatoes