View Single Post

Member Since Jul 2021
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 29, 2022 at 08:35 PM

I remember I tried this treatment method a while back. It seemed like I was making real progress, but at times it appeared counterproductive. I have a book by Abram Hoffer MD, entitled, Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia. In this work, the author suggests that fasting can be used to treat Schizophrenia. I tried fasting while on a strict dietary regimen for my Schizophrenia, but during the fast, I was having psychotic symptoms. At the time, I thought that it was all part of my "convalescence". Apparently, overt evidence dictates otherwise. I actually thought it was part of my "catharsis", and that it was "necessary" for my "well-being". A critical examination of my behavior clearly indicates that I was not getting "better". I desperately looked for signs of amelioration, which I did find. But these introspective "findings" were merely ostensible and, egregiously, superficialities. I tried autonomous Orthomolecular Psychiatry, and it failed me pitifully. It may work adequately for other people, but it proved not to be substantially efficacious for me.

Last edited by 185329; Mar 29, 2022 at 09:13 PM..
185329 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
unaluna, Yaowen