catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2022 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
Beth, I've had really good luck with going to a large teaching hospital. I don't know how far you are from one but if it's an option it may be worth looking into. There are so many cliniciians that I think it's more likely to find someone that works for you. To be fair I followed my pdoc from private practice to the teaching hospital so some of what I like may have to do with her but I have lots of access to her (she's been amazing with communicating with me through patient portal during this breast cancer scare), I have 60 minute appointments that supplement my therapy, I always get called back if I even need to call, etc. It also is really good that there are so many doctors because second opinions are readily available, something you might benefit from. It's let me be on both Emsam and clozapine, neither commonly used much less used in conjunction. Etc. It just really works for me and might for you.

I didn't see you here earlier and was wondering how you're doing tonight.

Your suggestion is excellent. When I lived in my hometown, which is a city, I went to psychiatry at a huge teaching hospital. It was fantastic. I went there for years. Then they stopped taking my insurance, but I still kept going, just not as often. I paid $90 per session out of pocket. A while after that they raised the cost to $135 per session. That was beyond what I could pay, plus I moved to a town some distance away. I so wish I still had that option, though. Something I really appreciated about the teaching hospital was that there wasn't just one person basically dictating how my whole life felt. Teaching hospitals are a team. Way too many pdocs, in my experience, are wackos who shouldn't be making decisions about patients without anyone consulting with them (the pdoc).

Anyway, I'm really glad you do go to a teaching hospital, and that your psychiatrist is so supportive with everything you're having to deal with at this time.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, Fuzzybear