View Single Post
LostOnTheTrail
Tweaky Dog

Member Since Aug 2011
3,167 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2022 at 08:22 AM

I began today's session by filling R in about my experience of being on the interview panel. I went into more detail than I had intended, particularly about my boss's 'positive, upbeat public face' comment.

We did some breathing before moving into talking about Steve. The anger I feel towards him seems to be related to having to redefine my support system.

Although we spoke about the anger, I did not reach for the letter, seemingly leading R to believe that the anger was not in the room.

Admitting that I feel anger towards Steve is the least comfortable thing in the world. I do not want to feel this way towards someone I really admire.

R highlighted my boss's comment again. What I saw and admired was Steve's 'public face'.

'We all have one.'

We also spoke about the idea that this will never 'make sense.' If it did, R offered, 'it would be dangerous'.

There is a level of agreement that Steve made a choice, which is a relief to me. I thought on some level that I was 'wrong' for believing that. It would be so easy for me to carry on pretending that I am 'OK' with what Steve did.

It's hard not to feel like I am acting. Anger is SO uncomfortable for me, and particularly when it is at someone I care about.

We are getting closer to April, and the idea of dealing with anniversary stuff and new grief bothers me. I will try to have the conversation I needed again next week.

Just hold on tight, that's all you gotta do...'

Steve Earle - Fort Worth Blues

'You have all the grace you need for today, and today is all that matters.' - Steve Austin

Last edited by LostOnTheTrail; Mar 31, 2022 at 08:38 AM..

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty