View Single Post
BreakForTheLight
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2022 at 10:57 AM

I haven't been keeping up with the news and only found out yesterday that my state has done away with most rules as of yesterday. Masks only still required on public transport and care facilities, no longer in stores. Still when I went grocery shopping this morning, most people were wearing a mask, only a few went without.

So now that things are mostly possible again.... I feel like I should be doing better mentally. But of course I'm not. How do you recover from 2 years of isolation? I've traveled again, I've been to gigs, but they were just brief distractions. I already didn't have a huge social circle to begin with, and I've lost touch with almost everyone. How do you get back from that, when you also have social anxiety? And work is still offering the possibilty of home office, so very few people go to the office. I am certainly not brave enough to go out by myself and meet people. So WTF do I do?
I want to work at getting a life again, but then when I get motivated and want to do stuff, it only takes one slight setback to knock me right off my feet again

But then, I wasn't even supposed to be affected this much, right? The lockdown was oh so terrible for kids and uni students, but I guess by my age, I should've had a partner and close friends, probably even a kid to look after. That makes me feel even worse. Like things should be back to normal now and I should just magically bounce back like everyone else seemingly has?

Hugs from:
Discombobulated