View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2022 at 10:39 AM

You are not alone. My husband's office tried to go back hybrid recently. It has been a mess too. They are an office of a public agency that provides legal advice to low-income people. It took forever to get the office back to normal. Internet wasn't working, they had to bring things over from a different office they worked in pre-pandemic, the place had to be deep cleaned and an exterminator came in (rats!).

Finally, they started working in shifts, but since nothing was done to inform the community they are back in the office no one shows up. They do the same stuff they are doing at home, with slower computers and worse internet. Plus, they have to commute.

He is kind of relieved that last week the internet cables were stolen, so their boss told the regional manager that they cannot go to the office if they have no internet. The court system is all online as is the systems they use to track their work.

Good luck, I hope things improve. Maybe people will get more used to the new system and there will be fewer misunderstandings. Or, a lot of people will get sick and you will all be telecommuting again. That happened to a few offices at my husband's agency.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NatalieJastrow

Thanks for this!
NatalieJastrow