LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2022 at 05:25 PM

Dear T,
Thanks for the empathy in session this morning. I miss you already. And really wish you weren't away until Thursday. But knowing that emailing you is fine is helpful (though pretty sure it's not OK to email you every day!)

Tonight started off a bit shaky, then dinner seemed OK, until...it very suddenly wasn't. On the plus side for the waiter, he got a nice tip? H told me to stop to pick something up (OK, beer) on the way home. He was sitting on the steps when I arrived, which I mistakenly saw as him just chilling on the porch. No, he was upset at D, because she'd been a mess since they got home. So more yelling and crying between them once he came inside.

Plus we got her report card. Up to a C in reading, which is good! Still D's in math and writing. But down from a B to a C in social studies.

Perhaps in a way it's good that when you're gone will be over spring break, because it's not like I'll have to worry about calls from school then? Though she does have camp Monday. I hope she won't get sent home from that? At least my parents are watching her Tuesday night, though I'll have to deal with them and the bank first.

I'm going to do my best to hold on to the feelings of empathy and validation I got from you today. And acceptance for some thoughts that were rather dark and negative. It means so much that you're a person with who I can share those things. And you're not going to be horrified or judging me (or at least you hide it well if you are). And I'll work on the self-care stuff, too.

I'm also glad you reassured me it wouldn't be annoying if I ended up emailing you just to say "hi," rather than about some specific thing.

Please be safe. And have a relaxing time, if that's the sort of thing you're doing. As you deserve it.

Love you,
LT

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal