View Single Post
Sohappy

Member Since Dec 2018
79 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2022 at 10:14 PM

Raging vortex, sorry you struggle with that. Can you give yourself a better likeable name that makes you smile?

I often call myself negative names because of how my family treated me negatively in the past and called me names.

It's difficult to change bad habits and it won't happen overnight but it's definitely something to pay attention to if you really want to stop....

Have you heard the quote, "Be the change you want to be".

Just a suggestion: For every time you call yourself a bad name or having negative self talk, try watching a YouTube video on stopping negative self talk and it will give you a new perspective each and every time from a different person. Sometimes you might hear something helpful. Other times not so.

Another suggestion: mark it on your calendar for every time you caught yourself negative self talk. If you have a phone, there are also counter apps. Catching yourself, you might see a pattern. And realize when and why it's happening most frequently. Are you very stressed when it happens? Are you feeling helpless? Etc. Journal your thoughts.
Sohappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul