View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Apr 13, 2022 at 03:09 PM

I've been taking Clonazepam for... oh... a year or two now (memory fails me.) I was taking it to help control my anxiety / anger issues, plus it has (in the past) seemed to help quell my tinnitus (I had been on it once before for that purpose.) I also was taking it because my pdoc said it would help "smooth out" what had started out, years ago, as restless leg syndrome but which had gradually spread throughout my body.

For most of the time I was taking Clonazepam I was on 1.5 mg. per day. A couple of months back, however, I pumped it up to 2.0 mg. per day due to a sudden unexpected increase in my tinnitus. At this point though I'm not sure how much good (if any) it's really doing. So I've now cut back to 1.5 mg. per day again. I'll see how that goes for a while. And if that seems to work I may continue to reduce my dosage further & perhaps even see if I can get off of it altogether. I've read that the effectiveness of Clonazepam tends to wear off the longer one takes it; so it's typically prescribed for short-term use not long-term.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Deilla, Fuzzybear, zapatoes