Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2022 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
Yeah, my dear ex-T, I'm still thinking about this and haven't yet been able to let it go. Especially this month with all the emotional writing. It's just, I feel kinda sad for you, you know? That you felt like you had to hide behind your profession and insist that even a long-term client like myself couldn't possibly have a sense of who you are as a person. (I know, I know, Artie let it go already.) It just doesn't make sense to me that you had to be so, almost defensive about it. Although maybe it's good that you did, that you were, because that whole thing was part of why I left. I always told you that I never had the intention to "do this stuff" forever, and 10 years was getting too close to forever or something, so that was all wrapped up in my reason for leaving too. I'll be honest with you though. I think that I might never have left if you hadn't become so insistent with your "You don't really know me" stuff. There must have been a better way for you to handle whatever was evidently so triggering to you about it all. The rest of why I left, we would have continued talking about and worked through; that stuff alone would not have made me leave. I can't share any of this with you now of course so I have to put it here instead and pretend I am telling you. I can't help but feel that you missed the mark with your continued insistence. And am also realizing that if you really truly believe that, then you don't really know me, either. So I guess we are even on that score. I'm not upset or angry or hurt anymore. Just, like I said, kinda sad for you. Part of me wants to talk with you about this. But the rest of me knows there's really no point to it.

You'll let it go when you're ready to let it go Artie bean. Don't force it.

Despite her take, after 10 years of therapy you did know a part of her which her family and friends will never know. What it was to be in therapy with her.

And say nothing."

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2