Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2022 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I was bullied both verbally and physically throughout high school by a gang of older boys. At one point one of them beat me up breaking my nose. But when he was asked why he did it, he said I called him a name. (I should have been so bold!) So I got blamed for it. At one point I even went to the school principal because I was so distraught. But he just told me I should take a look at myself and he walked away. My parents knew what was going on. But I guess they didn't think enough of it to care either. It may be too strong to say all of this destroyed my life. (I've been pretty good at accomplishing that myself.) But it certainly didn't help.
This is a guy sometimes has to face, to a gang of “ hard guys”.
I’m sorry a lot you went through it.
This is a real problem. Many parents don’t accept his kid is an abuser. And understand what you say about adults didn’t take it so seriously. It was seen as normal disputes between kids.
Luckily things changed and now we are aware of how much pain bullying may affect to kids.
In the past it was taken as a normal thing.
Now, it’s taken as something hard for the target.
I’m still waiting for the next step. Intervention on each parts. Help the kid bullied and investigate the ones who bull others: The one who bullying, the family, the mindset of the one who bull.
Not one more suicide of a kid or adolescent because of others $hit.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote