View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
11.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2022 at 08:57 PM

I have a surgery time for Monday......5:30 AM!!!!!! Fortunately we were able to work it out so we can go to the city the night before and spend the night so we'll have to leave the hotel at 5:15 which is much better than 3:00 from here.

I will go and get checked in and prepped then they'll take me from one side of the hospital (many buildings, this is a huge hospital) to another for placement of the thing that marks where they need to cut. I can't tell you how exciting that is knowing I'll be wearing a gown open in front and nothing else (blankets, as many as they'll give me ) although at least some buildings won't be busy yet.

Then I get to have what my pdoc calls the medevial torture chamber device which is like the biopsy I had last month laying flat on my stomach with my breast through a hole while they put in the guide wires or reflector device that will help them know where to cut. Then back to surgery.

Surgery takes about an hour once I actually get there and then they get me set up. So I'm assuming I'll be done by 10 or so.

It feels real. I'm glad but I'm just so ready to be done with this. Especially the tour of the hospital with my breasts hanging out . And the climbing around on the torture device with an IV in my arm. That wasn't easy when I didn't have anything I could rip out.

3 more days...

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous 42424, Anonymous41462, Blue_Bird, HALLIEBETH87, Moose72, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, wildflowerchild25

Thanks for this!
~Christina