View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2022 at 08:04 AM

Well I did just let go (sort of!) and had fun. This gig was a sellout so the venue was packed, that felt very strange and yet it’s something we used to do all the time. My nerves settled a lot, because I was absorbed by the performance, and the band are friends of my h so it felt personal. It was good, and h enjoyed himself which was really good to see, he saw a few different friends too.

It brought home to us how socially disconnected we’ve been. I’m not advocating our choice as the right one BTW but on balance it’s the right one for us I think. I do think mentally we’ve both suffered through no proper social stuff.

I’ve got to confess I was randomly hugged by more people than I would’ve liked, I guess those people are hugging again and hadn’t considered others might not. So far I’ve only hugged a very small number of non family. I’m cautious with my hugs - this was like a hug fest! What’s the answer short of batting people away? A T-shirt with ‘No hugs please’ on? I’ll be rapid testing on Monday before I volunteer anyhow.

Anyhow the good thing is the anxiety settled and I think I do need to push myself a little more socially than I have been.

Hugs from:
BreakForTheLight, hvert