View Single Post
Lydiamarilyn

Member Since Apr 2022
30 hugs
given
Default Apr 24, 2022 at 02:59 AM

Yes, this is when I am told to get in a van, or a car, and take a small bag to a hospital. Sometimes its so minute, no one notices, but most of the time it's right before some request I obviously cannot verbalize saying NO or STOP or ANYTHING. Freezing is not an option, and yet it happens all the time. I can type for a week straight, but there are times my mind dissociates so bad, it does not stay here, even if I don't move or speak.

I feel ya.

My psychiatric/family team mentioned I might potentially have autism, had it as a young child, have some kind of aspergers now, and I have no idea wtf that means...other than I have a lot of problems communicating with people in real life. Everyone seems to use a different language, and very few people want to discuss honest feelings, so half the time I don't bother, it only upsets people. WOW it's Easter, yay! Happy Spring celebrations American or otherwise...

Try to remember something that nobody told me as a kid: if you are autistic or have asperger's, that is not madness, that is in my humble opinion an adaptive ability to defend yourself in many situations. Freezing might just be the one that sucks the must to endure.
Lydiamarilyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote