Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 27, 2022 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
@~Christina, thanks for asking about my time so far in NYC. It's been pretty nice, but unfortunately pricey. Today we went to a wonderful exhibition of Jean-Michel Basquiat's works. His works are amazing and the venue was so well designed! Such a shame such a talent died so young, of a heroine overdose. I strongly recommend anyone in NYC area go. It ends at the end of June.

We've done oodles of walking through many parts of the city. Hudson Yards (and nearby High Line walk), the Village, Chelsea (had an impromptu mini tour of the refurbished historic Hotel Chelsea), the area around Lincoln Center, down Broadway to Times Square, a couple of the pier areas, and of course around Penn Station where we arrive/leave via subway. We plan to stroll Central Park one day. Maybe tomorrow/Wednesday as the weather will be good. We'll figure out the rest on the fly.

We saw a series of modern ballets one afternoon at Lincoln Center, performed by NYC Ballet dancers and one with guests from Dance Theater of Harlem. Of the four, I liked three. We also went to the Whitney Museum's exhibition, but that wan't to my taste, though most of their permanent collection is. Though I love most modern art (i.e. Basquiat's), there are some types I struggle to call "art".

Ahhh yes the cost of everything is crazy but it sounds like you’ve been busy but enjoyable.

I will check that person out. It’s pretty shocking just how many people die of Heroin over doses. Very sad.

I was only to NYC once back in my 20’s a friends daughter lived in NJ so we went into the city for a couple days. Was very enjoyable. We walked our feet right off lol so much to see and do.

When do you head back ? Have you any plans to make a trip to France in search of a real home ? I hope you can find a great place to settle.

Hugs !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour