View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2022 at 07:21 AM

My nephew is in a psychiatric hospital again, though luckily a better one in my view. Last night I sent my sister the toughest love type email ever. It didn't anger her, luckily. She acknowledged its truth and even shared a few things I didn't know about my nephew. Based on urging, she's expressed concern to doctors about his near certain autism spectrum disorder. She sent me the looong questionnaire she received to add feedback on. I wish I could add more than I'll be able, but I have not spent nearly enough time with him as I'd have liked (should have). I spent more with my late nephew.

I also emphasized to Sis that nephew MUST finally better process the death of his brother. He never has.
Possible trigger:

This afternoon we'll meet my husband's good friend in the city for lunch. He has an office there. Then we see a piano concert at Carnegie Hall (Emmanuel Ax). Tomorrow's plan is up in the air. A possibility might be that that friend lends us his car so we can return to Central Jersey to say hi to my dad again and perhaps visit my nephew at the psych hospital. I won't tell them this unless it pans out, though. I remember visiting my younger nephew there twice, years ago. I spent one of 10 of mine there, too. Tomorrow night we fly back to Europe. We'll check out of the hotel in the early morning.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Apr 28, 2022 at 09:11 AM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, BeyondtheRainbow, Blue_Bird, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
~Christina