View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2022 at 12:11 AM

Rainbow, thanks! Dumplin' looks like a movie worth watching. I put it in my Netflix list. I have in my mind that Dumplin' was a book...but I might have the story mixed up in my mind with an old teen novel by Judy Blume.

15 minutes into Magnolia I gave up, called Amazon, and got a refund
Looked like a dopey movie - at least, not my style. Along the lines of Fight Club, but not nearly as clever or effortless. It seemed like everyone involved was trying too hard, including the writer. He also wrote Boogie Nights and Licorice Pizza. I absolutely love Boogie Nights - wow, did that movie ever nail southern California, emotional pain, and being in emotional pain in southern California! - so have tried to make myself watch Licorice Pizza, but deep inside I doubt I'll like it.

So, here I am, haha. I'm making myself not watch anything now so I'll maybe actually end up in bed at 11 p.m. or, with God's grace, earlier Surely I'll lie there for a good hour before being able to sleep, but at least it'll be dark, quiet, and comfortable. I can lie there and listen to the sound of the cats' fountain. Wow, I remember that for years I went to bed by 9:30 every night. That was too early, though.

Once I planted a single King Sunflower seed and that one sunflower grew up to be huge and ended up being taller than the house!

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123