Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2022 at 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
This is totally understandable. For people who already gave some steps forward to combat their social anxiety, all this time was a nail in the coffin.

Indeed, the rest of the population also have been effected by the isolation in terms of depressions and other issues.

On one side I made the thread here, in anxiety forum because I thought people with SA like you or me, won’t have any problem with being isolated. It may be kind of relief. And I would doubt that we were have many risks of being infected or infect others but I forgot about SA people who are trying to battle this illness. @BreakForTheLight, made me consider with one of her posts here about that possibility.

I’m very happy you got to have some fun. 😘
We all need some sort of balance. I have noticed my anxiety has gone WAY down since working from home. I feel like I was in a constant state of being overstimulated before, working in very crowded, noisy open plan offices and travelling on busy public transport. I was always stressed out, even though my job was not stressful in itself.

But lockdown was the other extreme of the scale. We're still human and need some human contact. Besides that, it was forced upon us. There's a difference between being forced to be alone and chosing to take some time alone. Especially for people living alone - not even having a partner or housemate to share anything with has been incredibly tough.

I am half dead physically after another concert on Wednesday night, getting home (to my parents' place) late (the gig was a 2,5 hour drive away) and then a very early morning and a 7 hour journey back home, but mentally I finally feel ALIVE again. Even the train journey, just looking out of the window at the sunny landscape felt good after seeing not much more than my tiny flat for 2 years.

(I did another test before going to the concert, and my "symptoms" were already gone by then, they didn't even last 24 hours.)

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated