Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 09, 2022 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Has anyone here done ACT before? What is it like? How is it different from the standard treatment?

I'm about to start it and I'm worried it won't help. A lot of people tell me ACT is good stuff but they won't say how it's any different from what I'm getting now. Any info is helpful.

(I don't know if this is the right subforum for this, mods feel free to move it if there's somewhere else better)
ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) in short its just having a team of treatment providers all talking together and working together to provide you with all the mental health services that you need

An example - your therapist, psychiatrist and medical doctor will all have you sign a release of information form, then they get to talk together about what your mental disorders are and how to best treat you, you will also have periodic meetings where everyone gets together in one room with you to make your treatment plans with everyone present you included talking about your mental disorders and how to best treat your problems, what your needs are.

Some locations call this ISP - individual service plan. other places call this IEP if it's a child that needs special services. some places call this WRAP around. meaning all the treatment providers wrap their services together around the clients special needs.

its just saying you have so many mental health issues that you need a treatment team approach instead of individual mental health services for one mental problem.

they are going to help you manage all your mental problems by getting everyone on the same page working the same way with you.

yes it is a good thing. there wont be any more confusion between you and the treatment providers on what you need and how to treat you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, downandlonely, MuddyBoots, The_little_didgee