View Single Post
MobiusPsyche
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2022 at 07:11 AM

Una: Wait, what? We are supposed to back into a parking space at an angle? No. I'm sorry, that was never on any driving test. I do not know how to do that. With my back-up camera, I *might* be able to manage it, but not without a great deal of anxiety and I would need whatever was in that shopping area a great deal before I would even attempt it. Like, why cannot I not buy something nearly as good online or go to a different salon across town? Is this doctor really that good? [emoji15]

Stopdog: How much does one have to pay to use the app? If it's only 99 cents to download the app and you get to use it for however long the app lasts, maybe? But if it's an extra 25 cents every time I park...sorry, no, that is an extra charge for accepting payment in a method other than cash. That would be fine with me, except that there is literally no way for me to pay with cash!!!

Rant incoming.

No. Do not force us into a cashless system. Such systems enable someone to track our every movement and, ultimately, those data could be shared with police, the FBI, marketing companies, who knows what entities. I mean, it's probably not worthwhile to do that for parking data but it is coming and YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

Seriously, though, going completely cashless sounds convenient until something goes wrong and your balances are all suddenly zero. Or Russia hacks Chase Bank. Or there's a solar storm or magnetic storm that destroys things. Or... I'm not hoarding gold bars, but I'm not putting my FREAKING retirement savings into cryptocurrency, either!!! Do I have to change my accounts from Fidelity now? What a hassle.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
RTerroni, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, Quietmind 2, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks