Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2022 at 10:42 AM

Hello Steppers,

Seth Godin would likely call what you suffer from as The Dip. May be time for triage.
Seth:
Quote:
Stick with the Dips that are likely to pan out, and quit the Cul-de-Sacs to focus your resources.

There’s not a lot to say about the Cul-de-Sac except to realize that it exists and to embrace the fact that when you find one, you need to get off it, fast. That’s because a dead end is keeping you from doing something else. The opportunity cost of investing your life in something that’s not going to get better is just too high.

Winners quit all the time. They just quit the right stuff at the right time.
Dips suck sewage water, for sure. Triage means you have to abandon some maybes. But, triage out the right stuff and you feel it. Anne Truitt:

Quote:
The hallmark of a decision in line with one’s inner development is a feeling of having laid down a burden and picked up a more natural responsibility. — Anne Truitt (Daybook: The Journal of an Artist)
Related topic: The Hard Thing Rule by Angela Duckworth
I keep cycling back through my dips. I have a 8 x 8 grid project I abandoned. Outlines for books to write that I let languish.

Part of it keys to whether someone else cares and will hold me to accounts. I try to avoid that.

Or, say I finish something and it gets attacked or, worse, ignored, by those I thought to be my audience?

The funny thing, though, is that even not finished it's still 100% my own. I can't say, about my grid, that it's only 37% mine. Who claims the other 63%? Well, they better hop to it!

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote