View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2022 at 02:07 PM

My oldest nephew's birthday is tomorrow. He is turning 20. How is that possible?!! Where did the time go?! How am I old enough to have a nephew in his twenties?! Yikes. Time flies. His card with money got mailed on Saturday so he should have it by his birthday. I always give them money for their birthday as I have no idea what they want or need. I got him one of those pop up cards from Lovepop. It has a dog eating pizza that pops up out of the card. I hope he at least gets a smile out of it. I thought it was cute. I worry about him though. He seems adrift. He doesn't seem to have any goals. I know that I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life when I was twenty either but I was working and going to school at a community college. Since I didn't know what I wanted to do it made sense to go to community college where I could take all sorts of classes. I ended up graduating with like 96 units when you only needed 60. But I experienced a lot of different classes and got to see what I liked and didn't like. At his age, I owned a car that I paid for. He has a truck that his parents paid for. He isn't going to college. He took one semester, decided he doesn't like it and stopped going. He works extremely part time. Like some weeks, not at all. And he picks up his siblings from school and takes them to school. I just worry that he is going to spend a lot of time adrift and miss out on stuff. But he will find his way. I have to believe that. Just their family system is so toxic that I worry about him/all the children. He never goes out with friends or hangs out with anyone romantically. Just sits at home. I was hoping he would get inspired by his job and think about going to real estate school or something. But he says he doesn't want to do anything at all. I wish I knew more of how to inspire him or get him excited about anything at all. Even a hobby. Or volunteering. Or looking for a better paying job. Hmm. I worry about my boy but I am also aware that I am limited in my influence and what I am actually able to do for him. Soon my niece will (hopefully) graduate from high school. She is supposed to graduate June 3rd. She has missed a lot of school so I hope she can hang onto her grades for these last few weeks. She doesn't want to do anything either. Doesn't want to go to school or get a job or go out of the house to hang out with friends or anything. My heart hurts for these kiddos.

Hugs from:
Sometimes psychotic

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn