Have Hope
Wise Elder

Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,617 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2022 at 05:20 AM

I am in a quandary. What if I get the job and then again, don't like it? What do I do then? I will be stuck in it and cannot change jobs again.

Is client services really where I should be? Now I don't know. I am pretty certain, like 99.99% certain I want to change fields. And I am good with people. I am good at building relationships - it's my forte. But what if I am not good at this job like I think I will be? What if it's too much for me?

They said it's a six month learning curve, and that others have been overwhelmed by how much there is to learn. So, have there been others before me that did not work out in this job? The recruiter initially told me that the person had been promoted - the one that was in the position I am applying for - and that's why it's available. But had others tried it and failed? I need to know this answer before committing.

And what if I am just running away from the challenge of having to learn new ways of doing things in my current job?

Then again, I feel like their standards are far too high, and I feel I cannot reach their standards. I handed in a project and thought I had done the best I could do on it and my boss said it was at about 70% completion.

I feel I am not equipped for digital strategy anymore. I am having to come up with 90 blog topics/blog titles and I am struggling. I was struggling to build a web page from scratch. I don't know what that page should look like, unless I completely copy other's pages. I am being asked to do very difficult things that I feel are beyond my existing skill set.

I am full of angst.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; May 12, 2022 at 05:37 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3