Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy May 12, 2022 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Guess I have always taken the approach that if a Holiday doesn't apply to me or my situation that I just ignore it & don't let it bother me one way or the other. Saves a lot of personal grief. I feel good that others do have family to celebrate with but I also appreciate my own situation with a mom who died years ago & my daughter lives 1000 miles away and neither of us have money to waste on traveling. Life is what it is & we can be thankful for things we do have vs bemoaning what we don't have
It's hard to "just ignore" anything if you're constantly bombarded with reminders everywhere. Store displays, random people saying "Happy _____", TV commercials, billboards, signs on bustops, signs on buses, "well-meaning" friends, weather forecast, local headlines, calendar icons on my phone, etc. One would have to barricade inside and not to listen to or watch anything at all, except one's own music. And a "holiday" can last days or weeks now. There's no going out and "just ignoring" it. Other option is to not go out.

Don't call your dentist to make an appointment, don't order takeout to be delivered, don't pick up your package at the post office, etc. etc. You'll be greeted with "Happy____".

Yes life is what it is----which is unpredictable at best. Be "grateful" and then have that rug pulled out from under you too. It happened many times. Walk a mile in someone's shoes first.....walk that mile.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; May 12, 2022 at 03:07 PM..
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, hvert, Nammu