View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2022 at 02:42 PM

I swear we are under a Covid dictatorship here. They just announced that if you got the 3rd vaccine 6 months or more ago they will annul your mobility pass (like a vaccine passport) if you do not go for a 4th dose. I am coming up on 6 months in the last week of May.

Personally, I am not convinced that a 4th dose is necessary in my case. It seems like most countries are only doing it for higher-risk people. 4 doses in a year seems like a lot and there are some studies coming out saying healthy adults don't get much benefit from it.

In theory, it's mainly for stadiums, theater, indoor dining, so it wouldn't limit me that much. However, I read today that some other businesses like banks are making you show it. Also, with this government, who knows if they might make it mandatory in more places in the future to twist our arms? In the end, we all know that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission, which makes the whole idea of the pass questionable.

My husband got his 4th, but he initially got 2 doses of Sinovac. Now he is bugging me to go get it. I have had 3 of Pfizer. I hear they are giving Moderna now. I felt like complete crap for 2 days post vaccine all times before. I am not in the mood to go through that again when work and house projects have me extremely busy.

They haven't scrapped the whole Covid alert phases and restrictions either. There is no quarantine, but still it's a pain. They moved our region to a more restrictive tier. Now a lot of events have to be canceled because the maximum attendance is 10,000. We must be the only country still doing that. Well, I guess it's not as bad as China, but we are theoretically a democracy even though it doesn't feel like it now.

Last edited by rechu; May 13, 2022 at 05:50 PM..

Hugs from:
Discombobulated