LonesomeTonight has no updates.

8 yr Member
74.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2022 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
I wish this whole Depp v. Heard thing would just go away. I'm not following it, but it's hard to avoid at the same time.

On a possibly related note, I'm feeling really something that it feels like I can't speak about major events in my life. It feels like no one gives a crap, no one wants to listen, my mom wants to pretend my husband never existed, I'm making too big a deal about what happened, it wasn't actually a big deal, I should be past it all by now, etc., etc., etc. Feeling shut down. I don't want to go to therapy tomorrow, but if I email him and tell him that am I just really looking for attention? Am I an awful person because I want some attention?
I'm sorry you're dealing with these feelings. Could your therapist maybe give you some of the attention you're seeking, if you go to the session? Could you tell him beforehand that you need attention and what sort you're looking for? You're certainly not an awful person for wanting that. (Is it possible you got those messages from your mom from long ago, and now she's just reinforcing them?)

I know for me, if I'm feeling invalidated by my mom or others in my life, validation from my therapist can be helpful and healing. Could you tell him that you really need validation, to be heard, etc.?

And hugs, if wanted.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
NP_Complete, Quietmind 2