catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2022 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
Beth. Have you looked in to getting a new therapist? This has been an ongoing issue, I had no idea for 3 years! I think you said she’s 71. You clearly need a T who is more available. What about where you have your new pdoc? If her not being there is so unstablelizing you clearly need someone who can be there.

I know. Her health and absences are an enormous problem. Huge problem. Makes a mess of therapeutic continuity. And... just as real is how well M. and I connect, which is very strongly. She's a profoundly intuitive and wise woman, very kind and gentle to me (I've seen her be quite firm with some other people). But her health problems are very disruptive. Yet, the thought of finding another therapist who isn't my kids' ages, but is older than I am, and that I connect with...and (the biggie), having to re-introduce myself and all the "stuff"...I just don't have it in me. Plus, with my disability Medicare I don't pay, so there's the thing of finding a therapist who accepts Medicare, which isn't too easy.

Maybe leaving the gift at M.'s house is my way of letting her know how much her absences affect me. Maybe it's a way of dropping the ball in her court, because I feel so stuck about what to do. And boy, do I ever feel stuck.

Thanks for your reply, Nammu. It means the world, you know...just to reach out and have a friend grab your hand.

And yes - from the first 5 minutes I watched Call the Midwife a year or so ago I was immersed! I bought and read Jennifer Worth's books, too.

Hugs from:
Nammu