Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,546 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2022 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith View Post
I hear you. Yesterday I took my wife and kids out for Mother's Day Brunch. I felt great, until I saw the photos. I keep trying to fight the weight gain, but I go through a cycle of fatigued / lethargic all day, then 5pm hits and I gorge on alcohol and sugar (Ben & Jerry's Tonight Dough is my fave), can't sleep properly, then wake up the next day completely groggy. I'm only able to get through the day by taking 2 power naps in the morning and afternoon. I try to go running for 30 min 3x / week. But the problem is, with the post-run "runner's high," my endorphins are at an all time high and I feel invincible / free from consequences. Which leads me to indulge like it's going out of style.

Hang in there; many out there are going through the same struggles.
Thanks so much for this! I've resisted buying ice cream lately- especially the tonight dough! I love that stuff. I could - and have- eaten a whole container in one sitting! Last night I wanted ice cream but my daughter had just treated me to fancy ramen at a sit down place - mine was hot plus it was hot out- so I didn't think I should ask for anything else. But boy! Was I hot from leaning over that steaming bowl of ramen! I kept having to wipe my face with my cloth napkin! I can see how you could feel justified in pigging out after exercise- I often treat myself after exercise with going out to eat. Not good for the budget either! I try not to take naps but that's because I usually sleep in till 10 or 11! I should set an alarm for earlier but I just don't.

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Nammu

Thanks for this!
bizi