Starlingflock
Starlingflock has no updates.

1 yr Member
93 hugs
given
Trig May 14, 2022 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
What caused this break down he experienced?
Before diagnosis/breakdown, he’d had a number of ptsd episodes triggered by religion/religious people, male authorities at work who yelled at him/invaded his personal space, threatened him, poked him in the chest (major trigger), child abuse memories that made him shake uncontrollably, constant intrusive thoughts of abuse he went through, being told by his mom that he should forgive his dad when it’s the last thing he needed to be guilted about or directed to do (that happened like a week before breakdown) and then talking to his dad showing forgiveness which he quickly regretted, too much stress and responsibility at work with multimillion dollar project with deadlines and way too much overtime, current child abuse occurring in our family, some newly recalled abuse he had buried deep and became self harming about, some failed ventures, I could go on. He spent the summer isolating in the back yard drawing pictures of ugly men, wicked eyes, not saying much, I think he kept calling out of work, using vacation time? His face changed at this time, his eyes very wide, looking like recalling things and reliving. He couldn’t talk about it, just kept drawing so many pictures. He finally told me he has been finding himself on the verge of trigger warning and would “come to” about to do the act. It was like involuntary, taking over him. Took him to e.r. He went inpatient, it was the constant memories of all types of abuse by a few people. So much anger and depression. He was different after that-stopped socializing, seemed “gone”, etc.
Starlingflock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes