catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2022 at 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
Ooo the thrill of watching call the midwife for the first time! I cried so much watching that show!

I was in the middle of Season 10 when something triggered my mind and I realized that I had already watched season 10 Darn Klonopin has destroyed my memory.

So I found season 11 on a PBS site and watched the first episode. I'm excited because the creators of the show have said there will be seasons 12 and 13!

It's interesting to me because when I had my babies I had to have c-sections both times. The first one went well. The second time, my son, was an agonizing birth. I had a good friend who was a midwife and had strongly discouraged me from having another cesarean section. I was young and insecure, so I listened to her - or tried to. After a 23-hour labor that included 6 hours of pushing (ridiculous) I finally begged for a cesarean. When he was born, my son weighed 10lbs., 7 oz. Huge. No wonder he got stuck!

My point is that I didn't have a good feeling about midwives after that birth. They tend to be anti-cesarean, which is foolish, as some people need to give birth by c-section. The show Ask the Midwife has helped me to have a much better feeling about midwives.

The books Jennifer Worth wrote are so interesting, as you can imagine. After I read them (a set of 3) I donated them to a little library. That was in the autumn so the books are long gone, otherwise I would be so happy to send them to you.

Last edited by *Beth*; May 14, 2022 at 07:26 AM..

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
Nammu