View Single Post
unlived

Member Since Mar 2013
Default May 14, 2022 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post
I'm having a monster of a struggle right now. My therapist is still unwell, having trouble with her breathing. She'll be out for sure for my Monday appointment and Thursday is definitely up in the air. She's been out this week, of course - and out for our previous Thursday appointment. The month of April was hellish, the beginning of May was very rough. My last appt. with her 12 days ago was intense and I really needed to have regular appointments again.

In short, I miss her extremely. I have had a gift for her, some pretty Noah bells that hang up; I've been holding it for 10 days. It could well be the rest of the month, or close, before I see her again, knowing her history of lung issues.

This town is not very big and I know where she lives (I once looked up her address just for the heck of it, years ago). I am very seriously thinking about driving to (near) her house, quietly walking over there, and leaving the gift for her on her porch.

M. has never been SUPER tight about boundaries. I mean, she definitely remains professional, but she does tell me all about her family, their names, and events in her life. Definitely not as closed as many therapists are. I truly don't think she'd stop seeing me if I drop the gift off. Honestly...I don't know what she'd think. We're close; I know she feels closer to me than to most of her other clients. She HAS to realize that I am very much missing her. It's a lot to ask for me to just go on and on, not knowing when she'll return. 3 years ago, when I very first started seeing her, she ended up being out for 3 full months. And I ended up IP.

Ugggh, I'm so stuck.

Try not to do this. I think it really wouldn’t work out well for you. I know it’s hard but I think this would make it worse in the long run.

Edit - never mind I just saw your update. Glad it worked out for you

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*