Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2022 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Not everyone knows someone at a personal level who has mental illness. I was actually in my 40's before it was more than something out there in the world that REALLY NEEDED my understanding. Life is filled with needs that require understanding in people's lives & spending the time to educate one's self about things in the world that don't touch their life is next to impossible. Even just knowing someone, if they aren't close & require much interfacing with, one does not always have the time to really get a real understanding until it hits really close & personal. Problem is that some people are arrogant with a "know it all" attitude that spew out opinion rather than facts. Those kind of people I don't listen to in the first place
Yes I agree, it's the arrogant ones that I refuse to listen to. They believe they have all the right answers even though they never had any history in the psychology field or never experienced a mental illness, and there are even times when people who do have a mental illness can become arrogant. I knew someone who claimed to have depression that would tell others who were depressed how they need to just stop thinking negative thoughts and things will get better because that's what she apparently did, she would get mad at anyone who didn't take her advice. So it's not just those without mental illness that can develop an arrogant attitude, even those who do suffer can become arrogant since they believe others can move on just as easily as they can even though that's not always the case.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
eskielover, MuseumGhost