Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2022 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I see where you're coming from, I know we can't expect people to always understand what those with mental illness are going through. I think the thing people with mental illness get annoyed with the most is when people act like there's no such thing as mental illness or that you can easily get over it yourself, there are some who truly believe without a shadow of a doubt that if you're depressed then that is 100 percent on you and no one else but you and that is completely your fault that you feel that way which is why those with depression feel like they have to hide how they feel.
Thing is, if those people don't touch my life personally, I really don't care about what they think or the judgments they speak. On the other hand, when one first experiences MI, they are also in the learning process & in that process can help those around them understand it better too. Those are who count in our lives.....but we also have to understand whether we have MI or not, there are just some people in this world who will never change their thinking or opinions & those we need to just write off instead of banging our heads against the wall trying to make them learn & expecting them to change

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15