LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2022 at 09:39 AM

Dear T,
How am I possibly going to be able to manage the week or two after H's surgery? Laid up with the worst migraine I've had in a while (meds helping some, but just had to take second dose), and D is flipping out because I don't want to help her pick out clothes--want to stay up here in the dark. And now I feel like I suck as a parent because of that, even though I know that's not true--I suck as a parent for other reasons (sorta kidding but not really).

And that's just one small thing I typically do with her. H does lots of things, so I'm picturing all sorts of meltdowns all day and evening long if I have to do them instead of her. She's already protesting the idea of my having to do some of those things, and it's over a week away. Plus there's a 3-day weekend in there. Right I guess I do have the outdoor concert, and she's already spending the night with my MIL that night, so that is some sort of built-in break. (Though I feel guilty for even thinking I'd want a break....)

Also worried about what happens if I become seriously ill or injured. At least we have a sort-of backup plan in terms of taking her to/from school--and I guess if absolutely needed, she could stay at my mother-in-law's (or possibly my parents', depending on the timing). I know single parents do this all the time and that H will at least be at the house (it's not like he's away and she can't see him). But I'm just predicting a nightmare....

Hope I can still be seeing you in-person then, too, so I can have an excuse to escape from the house...

Also hope you're having a good birthday weekend.

Love,
LT

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Lemoncake, SlumberKitty