Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2022 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeans View Post
I think for some or maybe even many people, it's not active denial; it's poor insight into one's mental health. Perhaps it looks the same one the outside -- the person does not seek or participate in treatment or will state that they don't have a problem -- but lack of insight is not a decision. It's truly not understanding something is wrong. I learned this from reading the book "I'm Not Sick. I Don't Need Help" by Xavier Amador
This is so true. I left my H because things got mentally & financially abusive. I left like 2100 miles away & went to therapy to help me process all I had lived with. One T said I can't diagnose but this may be what is causing your H (wasn't divorced yet) to behave the way he is behaving. Sent an email suggesting that he might get some help with his behavior issues if he looked into getting a more detailed diagnosis. He got angry but later said that he actually realized what I said might be a real possibility as I sent examples of him vs the symptoms of a diagnosis. Told him if not the diagnosis at least he would know. He never bothered but at least the seed was planted as a possibility & not in total denial (just close cause never has gotten the help he needed & pretty much has destroyed his life. Just glad I didn't hang around to be part of that destruction

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, cbeans, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15