Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2022 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto52 View Post
Hey:)

When I was in 10-15 my brother and I were bullied by a lot of people at my school. Not just classmates.
Later when we turned 13 and moved to a new place some of them would have the same way home since they lived in our neighbourhood.

Those experiences lead to depression, self harm, social anxiety and a few suicide attempts.
My self worth was totaly ****ed.

I'm 22 now and believed to be over it since I don't feel anything when I think about those times.
But I still feel helpless in social situations. I still smile and laugh it off when someone is being an asshole to me. Everytime someone gets angry I just get startled, laugh and say something to avoid the situation.
I get nervous when a group of people is talking loudly on the bus.
With 19 I was bullied out of my part time job by a few coworkers.
Stayed in a toxic friendship with someone who would ridicule his friends in front of everyone, insult them and putting them down.
So somehow I still behave like I did before which means that I am not over it and still have this "was bullied" mark on me.

I already went to therapy for a long time but I never really did behavioral therapy. And can't until april/mai nexr year for insurance policy reasons.

So I want to know from you guys, how do I get better? How do I lose this target on my back?
I was bullied a lot myself. I been publicly humiliated by a bully several times. I been a victim of being cyber bullied. It will get better. It just takes time to heal at the right time. :hug: :sadhug: :grouphug:

Dear Diary today will be different today I can smile it will be genuine because today is the day I get to live.

This life will be good and beautiful, but not without heartbreak.

In death come peace. But pain is the cost of living.

Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

And life goes on.

That my life weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing, and above all epic and I owe all to Stephen. - Eleanor Gilbert Vampire Diaries
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely

Thanks for this!
downandlonely, jesyka