View Single Post
Starlingflock

Member Since Apr 2022
93 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2022 at 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I disagree that situation is hopeless or it can’t get better. It certainly could. Not if you stay though. If you stay, it’s likely will be hopeless

You need to see a lawyer and financial advisor. You can’t rely on this man to make any viable decisions re selling or moving. You need to see a professional who can help you to look at options. Why asking your husband who’s not in any kind of shape for that? Those times when women were solely dependent on men for decision making are long gone.

If you continue focusing on what’s best for your husband then yes I agree it’s pretty hopeless. Why not focus on what’s best for your innocent children and you?
I’m focused on improving and stabilizing a difficult situation. My focus has been on my children, and earning more money. My son has been out of the house a couple years. My attention has been focused on my responsibilities, especially my daughter. I’ve been giving my husband space to heal and rebuild. I haven’t put much into the relationship for several months. More like a few years. Before that, I did put a lot of energy into my marriage. Me and my kids went on living, without him joining in, even though he was present. I tried to draw him into some family events when he was willing. I tried doing family counseling with him. He had a major relapse over the new year, which i did not think he would survive. I’ve since urged him to be more honest with his psychiatrist about how he is doing because he acts like and reports he is doing great, but he is in denial. I’ve now told him a handful of times that we will need to live apart because there must be a healthy environment. He’s slow to get the message, but I need to keep on it until he gets more help, or I follow through. Even after he gets more help, I could still follow through. I’ve had so many competing thoughts and feelings about him. I did feel it was wrong to kick someone out after they were inpatient, well he told me it was wrong and I felt bad. My daughter now says she’d be okay living with him if he gets his stuff together. She doubts he will though.
Starlingflock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote