View Single Post
Starlingflock

Member Since Apr 2022
93 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2022 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Has your husband ever been diagnosed as Bipolar? Sometimes very creative people suffer from Bipolar disorder and have these breakdowns. They have to be medicated and learn how to manage it.
He was given that diagnosis by some professionals, but not others, so I don’t know where it stands. My husband doesn’t have the highs and lows like I know bipolar to have (although I understand there are different types). He had very low levels of lithium i believe when they did a blood test on him after the recent inpatient. He reached out to his counselor yesterday about the idea of borderline and was told to set up an appt about it.

He sat down with daughter and I while we were chatting about this and that, and said he thinks he could have borderline and he’d been looking at how that effects his family. He was looking at us like he had more to say or was saying something to us with the comment about family. I asked if he was apologizing for that behavior, and he got offended it seemed. “Uh no. That hadn’t been my train of thought at all.” I said oh you mentioned family and we’re the people you live with, so it seemed that’s what you were getting at. He sat there for a bit and said, “well I am sorry.” Then wandered away talking about something else to feel sorry for him about.

I think he thinks if he ever apologizes for anything then someone might think he’s wrong, bad, and leave him, fire him. He seems to believe that being right and/or in control makes him safe. It’s all about him feeling safe and he has a very difficult time seeing others perspectives. He seems almost incapable of seeing others perspectives and I wonder if that is something he could develop through treatment.
Starlingflock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes