View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Default May 17, 2022 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackie View Post
Has anyone ever had a bad experience calling these people at crisis helpline? Honestly all of the phone calls I've had with these people leave me feeling worse due to the numerous calls of callous and immature nature of the so-called counselors on crisis hotlines, the NYC wells are the worst yet... They make you wait up to 15 minutes to half an hour waiting for a counselor to come to the phone, in the meantime while you're waiting they keep looping the music and in between you get the same announcements like "Please continue to hold and someone will be with you shortly" and when you finally get a counselor on the phone, they simply just don't give a 💩, will not listen, keep asking me the same questions over like "Are you planning to commit suicide?", "Do you use substances?" All kinds of idiotic 💩! 1 woman counselor ask me if I've been 🍷 that morning which I found totally inappropriate and when I got she hung up on me that I had to file a complaint to the supervisor. I can even hear then 😆in the background when I talk about certain embarrassing/traumatic things. TF! Do all public services in this city just suck? If there's one thing I've learned in my life is that nobody gives a💩 about you or your problems, and you will be looked down on for even mentioning them in passing. The only things people have to offer are vague, generic words of positivity which are total B💩 and about as worthless as the thoughtless clowns you've been dealing with. They say words like "You matter", "You have so much to live for", "Good luck with everything you're going through", etc. It's no wonder there are so many suicides... You can expect the government not be good at psychotherapy or to people with mental health problems...

we on this forum care about you though
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote