View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2022 at 07:43 AM

Discombobulated - Thanks! That is what I think. If the vaccines don't prevent transmission, what is the point of a vaccine passport? I'm not antivax, but four doses in a year seems like a lot, especially when the jury is still out as far as a benefit of a fourth dose for someone like me. It feels like it is all about control, not public health.

The new Health Minister comes off as a total idiot, so her coming on TV saying we need another does does not inspire any confidence. Every day there are news articles basically scolding people for not going for the 4th dose. I wonder if enough people don't get it they will finally get rid of the passport.

Of course, the announcement of the expiring vaccine passports has caused huge lines at the vaccine centers. Initially, my municipality had eight centers, but now there are only two. It's almost winter, mornings are cold, so standing in line for hours with the low temperatures is not appealing at all.

I sort of wonder if they are doing it because most people received Sinovac initially. Most people I know who got Sinovac wanted the 4th dose since Sinovac seems to be less effective. If so, they should require the 4th dose for people that got Sinovac.

I am going to wait. We were talking about going to lunch on a Saturday at a nearby restaurant. They have outdoor seating, so I don't need the stupid passport for that.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated