View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Default May 19, 2022 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ9A View Post
Just got back from the vet. It is what I feared it was. Because I don't believe in taking extreme measures to prolong a life, he has maybe 2 months. I was worried I'd need to put him to sleep next week, but the vet said he seems to be doing OK for now. We'll start giving him steroids next week. Should help keeping him comfortable for the time he has left. I feel a sense of relief and sadness. Glad I know that his time is short and I can do things for him to make that time better, sad to lose him. He's such a good dog and he deserved a better parent than me. He was a rescue, so might not have had any life had I not taken him, but wow do I feel like I've let him down. And let myself down. What kind of parent am I? Terrible.

your a amazing pet parent, you have not let him down

i still remember my girl cat Ebony, when she came to me from a rescue, we got told by the vets she was unlikely to live beyond 2 years she was in that bad a state when rescue took her in that even when she was healthy enough to get rehomed, she was still never going to live a "normal" life, it was 4 years 2 months and a day before she took her final breath, with her meowmy there at the vets with her, i still miss my girl

Hugs from:
Anonymous40506, Breaking Dawn, lizardlady, SlumberKitty