View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
9 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2022 at 09:57 AM

I’m trying therapy again. In previous therapy I noticed that were occasionally moments where I kind of withdrew or receded slightly away from the T. Some unremarked on rupture caused it. Sometimes the rupture triggered feelings of trauma. I think they were probably minor moments of a sort of dissociation. I think it would be beneficial if I could talk to the T about it, in the moment when it happens. I tried with the last T, but it was disasterous. I wonder if others have positive experiences of talking to their Ts in the moment when something like that happens? I had a moment like this last week with my newish T. It was like I experienced a loss of a sense of safety. If I had been able to discuss it I would have found it helpful if she had given me reassurance/ repaired the relationship with me. I don’t know if she would have given it or tried to repair the relationship. The problem with my last T was that when we discussed ruptures her response was to link everything back to my childhood, instead of doing anything to repair our relationship.

Any thoughts? Any experiences of anything similar?
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, LonesomeTonight, Lostislost, RTerroni, SlumberKitty