View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,887 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2022 at 10:00 AM

Hi everybody,

I want to be better about cleaning & organizing. I read a book recently that gave me an idea about making dreaded chores more tolerable by challenging yourself to do them as quickly as possible. Worth a shot.

Since it’s my day off today, I’ve got the time/energy to try this out. I’m planning on doing three things, with two additional things if I feel up to it. I tend to overdo & then quit, so it’s important to pace myself. The top three things:

1) Gather all my clean & clean-ish clothes in two places: the dresser & the closet. Right now they’re in about five places, which makes getting ready in the morning a hassle.

2) Clean out my bag. Pretty self-explanatory & “should” only take a minute or two, but we’ll find out...

3) Vacuum the room where I hang out when I’m at home & awake. This is the most labor-intensive because if/when I do it, I like to move what I can out of the room & sometimes move the furniture to get behind it.

The two alternate things, if I’m feeling up to it:

4) Clean out & organize my desk. My desk doesn’t have much storage, so it fills up quickly. It doesn’t help that I love paper.

5) Clean & organize the shelves above my desk. I purposely don’t put much up there because it would just get dusty & I like an empty spot for placing things short-term.
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Discombobulated, LadyShadow, mote.of.soul, Rose76, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, LadyShadow, mote.of.soul, rechu, Rose76, SlumberKitty, unaluna