View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2022 at 04:50 PM

I actually think the best relationship advice is from people who went through break ups. They know what to look for and what to pay attention to. If you never had a bad relationship how would you know to recognize signs of it early on? Life experience makes your advice more valuable than people’s who have no experience.

Same with skinny people. When I was skinny I’d have no advice for you because it was no matter what I ate. I was just skinny. I am not anymore and I know what works and what doesn’t. I could give a good advice

Yes what Unaluna said: tracking what you eat is important. I once dated endocrinologist. He said (not in regards to me just general talk) that in order to maintain weight what goes in your body and comes out of your body has to be at least the same. If you eat 2000 calories but only metabolize a 1500, you’ll gain weight. In addition exercise is good but if you keep eating a lot you still won’t lose weight.

Both my gyn and GP are very experienced. I trust their expertise. My gyn said that we simply can’t eat the same amount as we ate when we were young or before we started to get weight gain tendencies, so just make smaller portions. Don’t starve. Just cut it a bit by bit.

My GP says to limit carbs. No need to limit portions as much as eliminate excessive carbs. Make a big plate if you are hungry but it doesn’t need to be a plate of pasta with garlic bread. It could be a big plate of other stuff. Less carbs.

Also weight watchers recommend dense foods that make you full. Like foods with ton of water in them. Grapes or watermelon. It will make you full but you won’t get you fat lol. Of course you can’t live on those foods but they could replace lunch or snack
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, unaluna, Werewoman