Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2022 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Not all people who spend money on those days are gullible....some just take a chance on that date to honor their mom or dad cause they live far away throughout the year.

Hmmmm, we hate people generalizing about mental illness, yet we think it is OK to do it about others?

What is wrong with a family oriented society? I prefer it to what this country is turning into even after growing up in a very dysfunctional family & being in my own dysfunctional family for 33 years.

I personally prefer my single life now but I as a single socialize with both families & singles. I do my thing & I don't waste my time letting external crap effect my life of make me miserable.

As for women's rights.....I have always had equal rights as a female since I was a kid in the 50's long before it was a "thing". I had every right I went after. They weren't always just handed to me, but if I was willing to go after them, they were there & still are. That was both in the city & farming country. Lol....there are people I don't see as equals until they PROVE that they are as far as capabilities but they are given a chance. People who do crappy work I hire them to do will never be hired again, male or female.

I just don't see the inequality around me, so not sure what you all are seeing?
This is exactly the problem, differences between women and men, are still there but in a subtle way.
There are many stupid commentaries a woman has to face because they are not said to a guy but a woman.
If a woman is a victim of a rape or molestation, it’s always considered all characteristic surrounding this fact: Where she was, what she was wearing? what time she was there? Some politicians (the worst among the worst even dare to ask these stupid questions on public)
A woman have to take in all the sights from men and any stupid thing they want to tell them.

I was approach from behind and I got scared only because a guy got horny. Pick up a ****ing melon and f@ck it.

Do you see the picture of females in the media and in which way they are used following a stereotype and the used made of masculinity, again following a stereotype in the mass media?

This is the problem. It’s so subtle that it’s not easy to be perceived but still is present around.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nonightowl