View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2022 at 10:29 PM

Hmmmm, always good to pay attention to red flags about a person before investing in a one sided "friendship" that really isn't a friendship. Sometimes we want something to be what it isn't we ignore those red flags then look back & see them AFTER our feelings get hurt. These are definitely good learning experiences for the future.

If you didn't have family or friends in her town &
Quote:
she tried to get out of my offer to visit her and her husband this summer in person
she might have thought that you were going to expect them to spend a lot of that visit time with you. Rule of thumb, never just invite yourself into someone's life you really don't know well, & even then I would feel it out first before even doing that to a close friend.

I actually had a guy I knew from high school & the university (back in the late 60's & 70's connect with me over FB. Turned out to be obnoxious (though he didn't believe he was) I unfriended him & then finally had to block him. Another guy I friendship on FB from HS wanted me to refried the guy. I just said NO & left it at that as it was none of his business why I felt the need to block the guy. A whole list of reasons but it wasn't his business.

No point in being friends with people on FB who we really have nothing in common with or who aggravate us. Life is too short to waste on those kinds of things

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
divine1966, Open Eyes